The aviation industry offers some of the most attractive and better-paying jobs. Due to fast-paced growth and entry of several new private and international airlines, more aspirants may find fantastic career opportunities in the field. Airlines are not going anyway, nor are the jobs in the industry. Students who are studying to enter the Aviation industry, can be confident about their prospects.
Aviation sector offers a wide range of job options for aspirants coming from a different educational background. Those who are considering having an aviation career can scroll down and check the best-suited aviation jobs. Here the 7 highly sought-after aviation careers.
- Pilot: For the students who have studied in science stream and has a scientific bent can opt for a career as a pilot. There is something glamorous about being a pilot. It is also the first career options that come to students mind. One needs to finish their pilot training and get the necessary training and licenses before you apply for the job. Both commercial and corporate pilots make good money.
- Aeronautical Engineering: The field offers abundant opportunities in the field of research, development, designing aircraft, and its components. Students who are extremely good at maths and physics should consider this career as it requires a great deal of knowledge and dedication during leaning years.
- Test pilots: Though not a very well-known job in the aviation industry, yet it is one of the most lucrative ones. Test-pilots are often required by aircraft manufacturers to test new planes. The entry requirements are similar to commercial pilots. Anyone who has a science background with physics, chemistry, and maths can get into the field.
- Cabin Crew: When it comes to cabin crew jobs, the educational background doesn’t matter much. Employers usually seek if the person is good at communication and interpersonal skills. One of the best things about this career is that you can get trained for the job just after your high school. All the things required for the job can be learned at a good aviation management institute.
- Ground Operations: This is one of the jobs which accommodates all the people coming from a distinctive educational background. The ground staff is the backbone of airport operations. Nothing functions if the ground operations are compromised. The three major aspects of ground handling are cargo handling, passenger handling, and ramp management.
- Aircraft Maintenance: Away from the glamour of aviation jobs this is the job which carries the greatest responsibility. Pilots are usually considered the heroes of the aviation industry. However, if you will ask a pilot, he/she will say their heroes are the maintenance staff. Aircraft Maintenance technicians or engineers work tirelessly to ensure the safety of each passenger and in-flight crew. To enter this exciting world of aircraft maintenance career, one needs to have a science background and interest in handling sophisticated equipment.
- Teaching Career: All the jobs mentioned above also open the door for a teaching career as well. After certain experience and training, one can consider training the future generation of aviation aspirants. You can expect handsome pay and fruitful extension to your aviation career.